Setup: Singer / Songwriter / Band Checklist
This checklist is the key to your success!
If you just joined, we sent you a welcome email. If you do not see this email please check your junk, spam or promo folders and set the email to "not spam". We will send you emails giving you hints on how to make more money and build a fan base using Rhythmic Rebellion - you don't want to miss it!
NOTE: Some of you will choose to create a "profile" and not create your whole website or move your domain name. In this case, your URL will be something like "Ladybugs.Rhythmic-Rebellion.com". Replace Ladybugs with your artist name. You will still use our drag and drop website builder to create your profile. This gives you the ability to be unique and use only the features you want. For simplicity, we use the word "website" in our help articles even though you may only build a "profile".
How To Use Your Website, Build Your Fanbase & Get Financial Support
For you as an artist, we have built tools for you that you just can't find on old fashioned websites. Fans get to hear you introduce your songs with our Audio Intros. This is a great way for fans to learn about you and become super fans. Sell your music right from your website and offer your fans Scrolling Lyric Karaoke, a Fan Song Mixer, and paid access to hidden pages with exclusive content. You can use our Gift Code generator to give these items away but the fan must join to use the gift code and this way they become a part of your mailing list, where you can use our Artist to Fan Emailing System to email your fans about things like upcoming shows and new music releases. You even have your own Merch Store where can integrate with Printful.com for on-demand merch printing. We always suggest to release your music exclusively on your RR website 30 days before it hits the other streaming platforms. Your fans can download the RR app to enjoy your music and other digital entertainment. These are only some of the ways to use your Rhythmic Rebellion website!
See a list of all our marketing ideas here: Marketing Ideas
Here are a few websites to show you what the possibilities are:
If you need assistance, click the Question Mark icon at the bottom right of your Master Account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can even do a zoom call with you to get you started should you need it!
If you have not already signed up, click here!
View this article to learn more about fan accounts, purchases, and the music player: View The Fan Help Article
90% of the artists we talk to don't use their websites. They build their fanbase on social media and have a different site for their merch. We like to say that, "We are replacing old fashioned websites with an Entertainment Hub." Your old website is stuck in isolation. You want to be where the billion people are on Instagram. We agree. But Instagram and Facebook only show your posts to a small percentage of your followers. Having a million followers does no good if Instagram only shows your post to 10% of them. Solution! Rhythmic Rebellion is creating an All Things Music Marketplace. We bring your website out of isolation and make it part of our social media platform. We have entertainment your fans will share their email for. Fans create accounts where they can buy digital and physical merch from any artist on the platform. We are a marketplace with a music focus and digital features that you can't find anywhere else in the industry.
We have a plan for the future to pay a fair streaming royalty. We don't pay a royalty today. Today we are a better website (with a free website builder!) where you can make money through our innovative features. You get to choose if your fans can hear your whole song for free or you can set it for sale with a preview. To reach the point where we can pay a fair streaming royalty, we need more artists and more music. So get your website built and invite your music artist friends and your fans to join so we can change the music industry to make it more equitable for everyone.
Us music creators are tired of fighting for fair pay, so we created our own platform. A platform where we make the rules and we split the profits. Rhythmic Rebellion is the future of music. Learn more here: Solutions to Low Royalties
Singer / Songwriter / Band Checklist
Things You Need To Know:
1. If you need to re-open this article, click the Question Mark icon at the bottom right of the RR page of your account. It's the first help article listed! We recommend bookmarking our Knowledge Base and keeping it open in a separate browser tab as you work for more info about our platform, how-to instructions, and our most frequently asked questions.
2. If you write or create your own songs or "beats" (a fully produced instrumental beat), then you are a songwriter and an artist(an artist can also be a singer or a band). Most of our music creators are singer / songwriters. If you're an EDM Producer creating your own music from scratch - then you are also a songwriter.
3. Our platform was designed to always know who all the copyright owners are. Copyrights start with songwriters, so in order for any music to be created on our system and offered for listening or purchase by fans, the Songwriter must first create the song as a Song Composition. Then, the Artist can create the song as a Song Recording Title (SRT) where it is offered to fans through the website. (Music Labels see number 8 below for another option.)
4. Tech Specs To Know Before You Start:
- You can not use a phone for the music creator software - you will need a laptop or desktop computer.
- We only support Safari and Chrome.
- On the fan site, Rhythmic-Rebellion.com, we support everything and we have iOS and Android apps. To see your Fan Account info, click on the icon in the bottom right corner of the Fan Site, in the music player.
5. Click the blue outlined Question Mark icon next to titles to find useful and informative help docs about specific features.
6. Click the main Question Mark at the bottom right of your screen to find answers or request specific help from our support team.
7. Read our Getting Started article and watch the video.
8. If you are a Music Label and your artist does not write their own songs, we can turn on our "Cover Songs" option that allows you to create a Song Recording Title (SRT) without defining the songwriter's shares. In this case, you would not need to create a Songwriter Account. Your label is responsible for paying publishers and songwriters their royalties for any sales. If you are an indie band / artist doing a cover song, you will need a license. Learn more about that here: Cover Song License. Use our Support System (Question Mark icon) to request that the Cover Song option be turned on for your account.
If you haven't already signed up, click here! This signs you up as both a creator and a fan. Complete this checklist for a successful setup!
1. CREATE A SONGWRITER ACCOUNT first. Why you need a Songwriter Account.
2. Click Create New Account found on the top left of your Master Account. Select Songwriter and enter your songwriter name.
3. Read the instructions carefully, as this is most likely different from your Artist name.
5. In the left hand menu inside your Songwriter Account, click Photos and upload pictures, logos, album covers and anything else you think you might use as promotional materials. Then click Audio and upload audio files. Your Songwriter Song Compositions (SCTs) will accept Mp3 or WAV files. However, inside your Artist Account, you will be required to attach WAV files to your Song Recording Titles (SRTs). So, if you have WAV files for your songs, use those in your Songwriter Account too and speed up the process! Click here to learn why song upload formats vary between your Songwriter and Artist Accounts.
6. Create your Song Composition Titles (SCT's) in your Songwriter Account. (Watch the video, it will help you!)
7. Make sure you have green check marks in the left menu next to all items.
8. Click the blue Release button at the top right once all the fields are completed!
9. Create your Songwriter website! Click Songwriter Site Builder at the top of the page. Note that you can come back to this step later!
NOTE: This is your Songwriter website, NOT your Artist website. You CANNOT sell songs from a Songwriter website. Fans will have access to this website to learn about you as a songwriter. You can place pictures, videos and a bio here. Later, after you create your Songs in your Artist Account, you can come back here and use the Song List Feature to connect to your Artist songs and place them on your Songwriter website. You will also create an Artist website inside your Artist Account.
Next step, Artist Account creation!
1. Now create an Artist Account.
2. From inside your Songwriter Account, click Master Account in the top left.
- Inside your Master Account, click Add New.
- Select Artist and enter your artist name.
- Make sure to check the box to Share Assets from your Songwriter account with your Artist Account. This will allow audio files and pictures to be shared between both accounts. Forgot to check the box? Click here to Share Assets.
3. Read all the info on the Welcome Page.
4. On the left hand menu you'll see Photos and Audio. Upload additional pictures and more audio files here if needed. Keep in mind that you may want to upload backing tracks (instrumental versions) of your songs, as well as song stems to be used later.
5. Create your Song Recording Titles (SRT's) in your Artist Account. Click on Songs and Add Song Recording Title. (This is a mandatory step and you will not see your songs unless you do this!) Note: Do not skip the Song Composition Title Connection step.
6. Read this article on SRT Form Completion and pay close attention to the Release and Streaming Options.
8. Create Albums. Make sure you click the Complete button! Using the Album feature is better than using the Playlist feature in most cases. Even if you don't consider the collection of songs an album, you should still use the Album feature in most cases. Albums show up in searches and our music discovery system on RR. However, you will create a Playlist to autoload your songs when guests visit your website.
9. THIS IS A MUST - DO NOT SKIP! Create a Playlist so your music shows up in the music player. Select YES at the bottom to make these songs load in the Music Player when a fan visits your website for the first time. Read this article to learn the best uses for Playlists.
10. Add a Profile Image. This image shows up on social media when your website link is shared.
a. Next to your Artist name in the top right corner of the page, click the down arrow and select Open Account Profile.
b. Click on Upload Image and select your photo.
c. While in your profile, fill out the rest of the required info. In the future, we'll allow fans to find artists in their local area to hire for events. Artists can use this info to find each other and network. Also, if you have had previous success as a music creator, we want to know about it!
12. Create Videos. This is where you can place YouTube links or upload videos. This shows up as an asset that you can select when you're creating your website!
Feel free to come back to these following steps later:
13. Create Audio Add-Ons. Your fans can hear you introduce your songs, song commentary, an audio bio, and artist announcements when you record and set up these add-ons. Feel free to get creative with them!
14. Create a Karaoke experience for your fans by setting up scrolling lyrics in our Karaoke Lyrics Builder. It allows your fans to read your lyrics as the lyrics auto-scroll down the screen. Plus, if you have an instrumental file with no vocal (backing track) that you attached when creating your Song Recording Title (SRT), it will automatically show up as an option for the fan to use the Karaoke button. When the fan clicks Lyrics on the Music Player they'll see your scrolling lyrics and be able to sing the song themselves! Go to the Fan Site and listen to songs by Rocky Rose to see this in action!
15. Create Tours. This is where you create your tour assets. You'll place these Tours on your website using the Tour Feature in the Site Builder.
16. Create News. Use this to create news articles that can be placed on your website using the News Feature in the Site Builder.
17. Create your Artist Website using our website builder. Click on Site Builder at the top of the page to access it!
a. Artist Premiere allows you to create private pages that fans pay to access. Here you can offer exclusive content.
b. Mailing List is where you manage emails collected from fans and can send out emails updating fans on an album or letting them know when you're headed out on tour.
c. Gift Codes enable you to create codes that fans can use to get free samples of songs, albums and private content or and discount you want to offer.
d. Fan Song Mixer (MxRR) is where you can upload 10 tracks / stems of your song and allow your fans to make their own mix!
19. The Merch Store is where you can sell and bundle both digital items like song downloads and physical merchandise like t-shirts together.
20. Read this article to Learn How to Release Music To the World.
21. When you signed up as a Music Creator, you were also automatically signed up as a fan - the same user name and password works for both. Enjoy your Fan Account at Rhythmic-Rebellion.com!
Congratulations! You are now a fluent Rhythmic Rebellion Rebel!