Gift Code Generation / Redeeming Gift Codes
"FANS LOVE FREE STUFF!"
This statement should be taken into account by every artist no matter how big they are.
One of the ways to build and hold a fanbase inside Rhythmic Rebellion is using Gift Codes for free music and money to spend on your site. Creating Gift Codes allows the Artist to generate a set of custom codes that can be used by fans to receive a free music track, select merchandise, and more!
Suggestion: Create a multi-use gift code that's used to grant access to private content in your Artist Penthouse - use a computer generated code or enter your own custom Gift Code! Then give this out to your fans and offer them free access to your Artist Penthouse by using this code, or use a Gift Code to offer a percentage discount. The fan must sign up with Rhythmic Rebellion to use the code. You still earn money when the fan signs up - so it's free for your fan but you still make money!
How To Generate Gift Codes
1. Inside your Artist Account, click on Fans at the top, then Gift Codes in the left menu.
2. Click the Generate New Code button.
3. The Generate Gift Code(s) form will be opened, where the Artist can configure the features of the new сode being generated.
4. Usage Type defines whether the code will be unique (single use) or the code will be the same for all the fans (multi use).
- Single Use - When selected, the system will generate a set of unique codes, each of those can be used only once. Whenever that fan uses the certain code, it becomes used and no one else can use that same code.
- Multi Use - The system will generate the same code but with the restriction to use it a specified number of times (# of fans). Rhythmic Rebellion identifies if a certain fan has already used the code.
5. Category lets you choose if you want to offer an item for free, or if you'd like to set a percentage discount.
6. Application Type defines what the fan will receive when redeeming the generated code.
- Single Song - Artist selects the released Song Recording Title and the Gift Code allows the fan a free download of this one song. This can also include instrumental backing tracks!
- Karaoke - Artist selected the Karaoke track with attached scrolling lyrics and the Gift Code allows the fan to access this for free or at a discount.
- Album - Artist selects the released Album and the Gift Code allows the fan to download this entire album, for free or at a discount.
- Artist Penthouse - Artist selects a certain Artist Penthouse item and the Gift Code allows the fan to access this for free or at a discount.
- MxRR (Fan Song Mixer) - Artists selects a Fan Song Mixer they've already created and the Gift Code allows the fan to access this item for free or at a discount.
- Merch Store Item - Artist selects a Merch Store item that can be either physical or digital merchandise and the Gift Code allows the fan to access this item for free or at a discount.
- Bundle - Artist selects a predefined Bundle that can include both physical and/or digital merchandise and the Gift Code allows the fan to access this item for free or at a discount.
7. Quantity defines the limit of the usages for a generated code.
- Single Use - The quantity defines the number of unique codes to be generated. The maximum for the Single Use code is 100.
- Multi Use - The quantity defines the number of fans that can use this code. The code will be the same but with the usages limit (quantity). The maximum for the Multi Use code is 1,000,000.
8. Expiration Date must be set by the Artist to determine when the generate code will become inactive, even if the code was not redeemed.
How To Redeem A Gift Code
Fans can use the codes to get certain items in their cart for free.
To use (redeem) the code, the fan needs to use the corresponding Gift Code field in their Cart.
If the code is active, has a valid format, and responds to the selected item, the item in the cart will become free (The price will be changed to $0.00).
See how the Gift Code changed the price of the track from $0.99 to $0 (free) in the image below.
How to redeem the Code