Artist Sales Report
To get a clear and reliable view of your earnings across Rhythmic Rebellion, go to the Reports menu of your Artist Account dashboard.
In Reports, you'll see Dates selector, Total sales, and Tables with stats by different sales points (products). This includes all items you're selling on the platform. Although reports include all sales, you may not have been paid yet for all sales depending on the date range selected.
Total Count column includes all sales since day one. The By Date column is determined by the dates you choose in the date range selectors.
Total, in the image below, is a sum of all items sold.
Recipient share shows who will receive the money from the sale. If you have an active contract with your music label defined in the system or another music label owns rights to a song, it will be listed here. The recipient share is calculated as the total less the Processing fee and RR fee.
Learn more how does artist label contracts works here.
Determine how your balances are being calculated by looking at each separate table split up by items.
Let's look at the example with the category Store item (physical products) See the summary for the selected category. Then comes the detailed list:
- Items purchased - shows how many items were purchased in the selected period.
- Total customers - this is the number of unique buyers.
- Total - the total amount of the sale, not including sales tax.
- Sales Tax - The total amount of taxes based on the orders. Rhythmic Rebellion collects and transfers sales tax.
- Proc/Platform fee - the fee charged by the payment processor to fulfill the transaction. It depends on the way a fan selected to pay for the purchase. Option are PayPal, Stripe, Google Pay, Apple Pay.
- RR fee - the amount RR retains as a commission on the sale. Can vary for physical and digital products. As an example, the RR fee might be 15% on digital and 5% on physical products.
- Recipient share - this is the amount that is paid to your PayPal account after processing/platform fee and RR fee.
The general table consists of the following columns:
- Product name.
- Recipient. The Account name of the recipient of the sales revenues. If the rights owner has been changed for the certain entity during the selected period, the additional record in the table for the same entity is shown, but with the different account name in the Recipients column.
- Recipient share.
Two view types are available: By items or By customers. Crowdfunding, Shipping, Fan Club Sub, and Tips always shown By the customer; these records are not grouped by the sales property.
What Does The Table Show When By Items Is Set?
The inner table contains data grouped by a certain property. For example, a T-shirt with the print was purchased with different conditions.
Bundle column shows if a product was purchased as a part of the bundle. Here you will see the bundle name.
Gift code is filled with the percent of the discount, if it was applied. Two items were bought with a gift code 15% applied. Another four were purchased for the full cost.
In-app field indicates the platform where a fan performed the checkout to let you know what platform is more popular with buyers.
Pre-ordered column defines if the item was requested before it is available for sale.
What Does The Table Show When By Customers Is Set?
If you want to see a list of customers that bought your merch, select By customers filter. In the details view the buyer's information is displayed.
You will see the fan's nickname, the date when a product was sold, order ID, and the product parameters like size or color.
Why Is Album Sales Stats Different?
Rhythmic Rebellion counts the sales of each song of the album separately because the ownership is defined on a per song basis and not per Album.
So, the Album Sales stats is just an additional table for the artist information about the Albums sales. This table does not contain the recipient name since the revenue can be split by several different accounts.
How To Export The Sale Report?
It is possible to create a PDF file or CSV containing information about all sales happened during the selected period by clicking the Export stats report button. It reveals the dropdown to select the desired file type.