Music Label: Manage Your Artists
Review and Manage Your Artist(s)
While inside your Music Label Account, click the Artists icon on the left menu to see a list of artists that you manage. The Songs icon will show you each individual song that is associated with the artist you've selected.
Here, a Label can see the list of their managed artists. The Records column shows the number of songs that a label owns rights for each of their artists. Details opens detailed info about these owned songs.
The Label-Artist Contract is a virtual agreement between the Label and the Artist. This means that during the specified period stated in the contract, the Label receives any access and abilities for the corresponding Artist Account(s):
- Label receives the revenue generated by Artist Account via:
- Selling Artist Premiere(s)
- Selling Merch Items
- The shipping amount is also sent to the Label Account.
- Receiving the Crowdfunding Campaign funds
- Tips that are given to Artist.
- Bonuses for the Fans Sign-ups to Artists
- The Label receives access to the Artist(s)' Assets in the Site Builder, allowing them to use assets from the Label Artist for promotional purposes via their Label Account.
According to Rhythmic Rebellion's Creative Supplemental Terms & Conditions the terms of any contract negotiated and agreed to by and between an Artist and any third party, including a Songwriter, will be made completely separate from Rhythmic Rebellion, and we maintain, to the greatest extent possible under applicable law, no legal or financial liability regarding the outcome of such a contract, nor do we have the responsibility to know, nor should we be deemed to reasonably be aware of the terms of any such agreements, contracts, or activity which conflicts with stipulations contained therein. It means that Rhythmic Rebellion is not liable for artists and other third party negotiations, agreements, and actions.
See more HERE.
How Does The Label-Artist Contract Work?
- Contract assignment flow starts on the Artist Account side. To send a request for contract assignment, an artist needs to enter their Label Account ID and contract terms in their Artist Account Profile. Be sure that you provided your artists with the valid Label Account ID that you can find inside your Label Account Profile. Click the Copy button and send the ID to an Artist by any suitable means.
- The Artist should select Yes in the block that says "Do you have a Contract with a Music Label?"
Enter the Label Account ID and the contract term.
- The Music Label will receive an email notification that an artist started the contract assignment. Also, you'll see a new record in the Artist's menu with a "needs approval" notice.
Note: You need to connect PayPal for your Label Account so that fan purchases for each artist can be delivered there.
Read How to connect to PayPal article for more info.
4. As soon as a Music Label accepts the contract, they start receiving the revenue described above. The signed contract is in effect during the defined period of time. The system tracks the contract terms and sends notification emails to a Music Label Account that their contract with an Artist is about to expire. The notification is sent:
- 30 days before the Contract Term End Date
- 20 days before the Contract Term End Date
- 10 days before the Contract Term End Date
5. When a contract expires, the record about this artist is still present in the Artist's menu. It can be hidden in case a Label has renewed a contract with an Artist by clicking the "Don’t show the expired contracts that were renewed" checkbox.
Is A Music Label Able To Cancel A Contract?
A Music Label can cancel Label-Artist Contracts at any time. You just need to hover a mouse on Yes and click it. In the confirmation pop-up, select Cancel Contract. Note: from the moment this occurs, the Label will no longer receive revenue for items sold by the Artist(s), with the exception of the Artist Songs in their account co-owned by the Label, and sold in their account. Also, you will lose access to the Artists' Assets in their Site Builder.
How To Populate Songs & Artists In Your Music Label
To have songs and artists show up within your Music Label Account, the artist of a particular song needs to add you as the owner of that Song Recording. When creating the song in an Artist Account, simply search for and add the Music Label that is associated.
After your Music Label is added as the owner of a song, you'll receive a stock email that looks like the following image. Go into your Music Label Account and accept ownership of that song recording.