Domain Redirect Steps
How To Complete A Domain Redirect
This article will help you understand the process of moving your dot.com to your website built with Rhythmic Rebellion.
Things you need to know:
1. We are not a domain registrar. If you do not already own your domain name you will need to use a domain registrar to reserve what you want your website to be called.
List of Approved Registrars
2. We provide you with what are called "nameservers" - names that you enter where your domain is registered and that will direct your dot.com to your RR website.
3. You must publish your website on Rhythmic Rebellion before we can issue the "nameservers" you need. This is a vital step in the process.
When you Publish your Rhythmic Rebellion website you make it visible on the Internet. You can see your website by typing its domain name in the form (artistname).rhythmic-rebellion.com in the browser URL address bar.
The following explains the process for moving your dot.com to RR, otherwise known as a "redirect".
1. Go to your Site Builder inside your Artist Account and click on the Advanced tab.
2. After you request the redirect of your site like (artistname).rhythmic-rebellion.com to (artistname).com, click the Save button. Within the next 48 hours you will get the following email:
3. Nameservers that you need to enter in your registrar's site. Change your nameservers you need to log in to your account with your registrar and enter the nameservers in the correct location. Please, consult with the help documents of your registrars or contact your domain registrar support team to get more guidance.
For your convenience, we composed guidelines for some of the more commonly used domain registrars:
Here's an article on using Cheap Domains, and click here for their main website.
Wix and CloudFlare do not allow redirects. Read more about this in our Wix Info. You would need to transfer it to another registrar like GoDaddy first.
4. Domain does not exist error: If you enter a domain name that is not registered, we send you an error email and you have 72 hours to complete the registration of your domain before your redirect request expires. During those 72 hours, our system detects if registration is completed and issues you the nameservers. After 72 hours you will need to delete the domain redirect and start over.
5. After we detect that you successfully changed your nameservers, you will get a second email with congratulations. It can take up to 48 hours for the change with your registrar to take effect. At that time you can visit your website by typing your website URL (like artistname.com) in the address bar of your browser. If something goes wrong you may get error emails and we'll assist you in solving any problems that might arise.