Domain Redirect Steps
How To Complete A Domain Redirect
This article will help you understand the process of moving your dot.com to your website built with Rhythmic Rebellion.
Things you need to know:
1. We are not a domain registrar. If you do not already own your domain name you will need to use a domain registrar to reserve your website URL.
List of Approved Registrars
2. We provide you with what are called "nameservers" - names that you enter where your domain is registered and that will direct your dot.com to your RR website.
3. You must publish your website on Rhythmic Rebellion before we can issue the nameservers you need. This is a vital step in the process.
4. Things to consider before you redirect your domain like Shopify, custom email, and more.
When you Publish your Rhythmic Rebellion website you make it visible on the Internet. You can see your website by typing its domain name in the form (artistname).rhythmic-rebellion.com in the browser URL address bar.
The following explains the process for moving your dot.com to RR, otherwise known as a "redirect".
1. Go to your Site Builder inside your Artist Account and click on the Advanced tab -> Domain Redirect section.
2. Before you request a redirect, consider the presented to you questions.
- Do you have an email using your domain?
- Do you need any TXT or A records?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the questions, then check the checkbox and enter the respective record.
Records you enter are stored and will be added to our servers as soon as the redirect process is complete so that there are no issues with any of the domain-related functionality.
Note, please, that all these records will be available for editing in the Domain Records section after the redirect is complete.
You also may enter the records later, after the redirect is complete.
3. When you are sure you entered all the necessary records (or you do not have any records at all), check the "I'm ready to make domain redirect active" checkbox. This will make the redirect field active where you may enter the name of your domain.
4. After you request the redirect of your site like (artistname).rhythmic-rebellion.com to (artistname).com, click the Save button. Within the next 48 hours you will get an email with info to change your nameservers.
5. Nameservers that you need to enter in your registrar's site: Change your nameservers you need to log in to your account with your registrar and enter the nameservers in the correct location. Please, consult with the help documents of your registrars or contact your domain registrar support team to get more guidance.
For your convenience, we composed guidelines for some of the more commonly used domain registrars:
Here's an article on using Cheap Domains, and click here for their main website.
Wix and CloudFlare do not allow redirects. Read more about this in our Wix Info. You would need to transfer it to another registrar like GoDaddy first.
6. Domain does not exist error: If you enter a domain name that is not registered, we send you an error email and you have 72 hours to complete the registration of your domain before your redirect request expires. During those 72 hours, our system detects if registration is completed and issues you the nameservers. After 72 hours you will need to delete the domain redirect and start over.
7. After we detect that you successfully changed your nameservers, you will get a second email congratulating you. It can take up to 48 hours for the change with your registrar to take effect. At that time you can visit your website by typing your website URL (like artistname.com) in the address bar of your browser. If something goes wrong, you may get an error email and we'll assist you in solving any problems that might arise.
How to Delete A Domain Redirect
To untie your domain from Rhythmic Rebellion you need to do the following:
1. Go to your Site Builder inside your Artist Account and click on the Advanced tab.
2. Unfold Domain Redirect and click the Delete button.
3. Your request will be sent to Rhythmic Rebellion support team for consideration.
You will not be able to use this form while the request is processing. It will be blocked until your request is approved.
RR support team processes such requests within 24 hours.
4. When your domain redirect is deleted, you'll receive a respective email and will then be able to use the Domain Redirect form again.