Add Videos to Asset Manager
- User clicks on Add Video in the Asset Manger under Videos.
On this form, see options to Upload or provide a Youtube link.
- Click Upload and select the file you want to upload. Only permitted formats will show as options.
See table below for supported formats and codecs:
Container Video Codecs Supported with Container No Container DV/DVCPRO, AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MPEG-1, MPEG-2 Audio Video Interleave (AVI) Uncompressed, Canopus HQ, DivX/Xvid, DV/DVCPRO Adobe Flash AVC (H.264), Flash 9 File, H.263 Matroska AVC (H.264), PCM, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 part 2, VC-1 IMF Apple ProRes, JPEG 2000 (J2K) MPEG Transport Streams AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MPEG-2, VC-1 MPEG-1 System Streams MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MPEG-4 Uncompressed, AVC Intra 50/100, DivX/Xvid, H.261, H.262, H.263, AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), JPEG 2000, MJPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 part 2, VC-1 MXF Uncompressed, Apple ProRes, AVC Intra 50/100, DNxHD, DV/DVCPRO, DV25, DV50, DVCPro HD, AVC (H.264), JPEG 2000 (J2K), MPEG-2, Panasonic P2, SonyXDCam, SonyXDCam MPEG-4 Proxy QuickTime Uncompressed, Apple ProRes, AVC Intra 50/100, DivX/Xvid, DV/DVCPRO, H.261, H.262, H.263, AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), JPEG 2000 (J2K), MJPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 part 2, QuickTime Animation (RLE) WebM VP8, VP9 WMV/ASF VC-1
- If you have exceeded the allowed storage for your account, you will see this message. Contact support to get this limit increased.
The file size you going to upload is XXXX Mb. You have free space left of xxx Mb. Please select another file. OK
- After you select the file, the upload will start and you will see the pink status bar.
- Once the upload has started, you can add the name and description. Click SAVE and you'll be able to CLOSE the form and work on another task while your video uploads. Once the upload is complete, you'll see a message at the bottom of your screen saying "the video upload completed". You are now allowed to upload another video even though the previous video will say Being Processed for a few minutes.
You can upload videos directly to your account or add a link from YouTube!
See Show Options in the image below. Go to this article to learn how to choose which videos are presented to your fans when they hear your songs: Show Options Article
Artists can add videos to their assets in 2 ways:
1. Upload the video file
2. Insert a Youtube link
Inside your Artist Account, click on Videos in the left menu. Then click on Add Video. To upload a video directly, choose Upload and fill in the info. If it is a Music Video check Yes. Once you name the video, click SAVE and leave the form to do other tasks.
It is best to record all your videos in HD. HD also takes up less drive space on your device than 4k. Rhythmic Rebellion takes your uploaded video file and processes it into 2 video files, one for delivery to desktop and one for mobile devices. This means we deliver the best quality for each device with the quickest load times. Uploading a 4k video is allowed but not necessary. We can’t use that file, but we can reduce it to a size that can be used - the best file is HD quality. If you provide a low quality video file, we cannot size it up and your video will be low quality when fans view it.
Add A Video That Is Not A Music Video
1. To add video to your assets, navigate to Assets / Video and click the Add Video button:
2. Paste the Link to the desired Youtube video.
3. Add a Title - this is mandatory field. The limit for the video title is 255 characters.
4. Add a Description - this is an optional text field. The limit for the video description is 500 characters.
Note: After pasting the valid Youtube link, the user can "pull" the title and description from the YouTube video by clicking the Pull from YouTube button.
5. Once mandatory fields are filled, click Save!
Add A Music Video
1. If this is an official music video, then select Yes and choose the Song / SRT from the list (by default this option set to No).
2. Selecting the Song Recording Title (SRT) to be associated as a Music Video also allows this video to be shown on the Fan Site in the Music Player under the Video tab when this song plays.
Video Upload Process
Video upload process in 2 steps:
1. Video File Upload - the file is uploaded into storage.
2. Video Transcoding - the file is transcoded into 2 different versions for best speed and quality of delivery, one for desktop and one for mobile devices.
Video Upload Flow
After transcoding is complete, the Thumbnail selection options appear inside the Video Creation form. It you exited the form, click Edit to open and scroll to the bottom to see the thumbnail area.
Choose from 3 default random thumbnails. The user can:
- Do nothing and the default image thumbnail will set as the video preview image.
- Select a thumbnail from the three images offered in Edit mode.
- Upload their own thumbnail by clicking on Upload Image.
Note: Image must be in landscape view and 16x9 proportion, if selected image has another format, then crop it to 16x9 from the center.
User can download the original video after upload is complete.
- User clicks on the respective icon on the video thumbnail card in Video Assets.
- System browser opens.
- Once user selects the path and clicks OK, the download will begin.