If you're selling physical merchandise to your fans, you need to set up the shipping details for the store. On your Shipping Preferences page you can define if you want to charge your customers for the shipping or mark the shipping as free. Shipping information on this page will be used for charging shipping costs at the customer's checkout. You can also use entered data to compose your Store Policy.
Default Shipping Settings
Regular shipping is a shipping type name (an umbrella term) that comprises different shipping zones and general settings, like sender country and products per parcel. Shipping zones define the regions where you'll ship.
We've included 3 default shipping zones to cover the whole world for product delivery:
- Domestic shipping
- Shipping across the continent
- Shipping overseas: to change these default settings, click the Edit button on the card
Click Add Shipping Type to create a new shipping type, or clone the current shipping type to duplicate the settings.
Shipping Type Creation
- Shipping Type Name: Give a name to the new shipping type, which will be visible to the customers at checkout. To connect this shipping type to a specific product, select this name on the Product form creation.
- Sender Country: Select the country from which the store items will be sent.
- Products Per Parcel: Define the number of products per common parcel.
Example: If you change this number to 3, it means that the fan can add up to 3 items to the cart that have this shipping policy and the shipping fee will only be applied once. If the fan adds 4 items, then the shipping fee will be added twice. So if shipping is $5, they can add up to 3 items and it still cost $5. 4-6 items would be $10. 7-9 items would be $15.
- Shipping Zone Name: Give a name to shipping type, which can be shown to users on your Store Shipping Policy to help them find out the shipping cost in advance.
- Continents / Countries: Add continents or countries to this shipping zone.
- Price: Define the price to ship to the continents or countries from within this shipping zone. Click Add Shipping Zone to add another zone to the list.
Note: Each country or continent can be added only once to the specific shipping zone within the shipping type.
Shipping Option For Pre-Orders
Create a Shipping Type that sets a shipping cost per pre-order product to avoid losing money on delivery if a fan has both a pre-order product and in-stock product in one order.
For example, if you use normal CD shipping for your pre-order item and a fan has both a pre-order and non-preorder CD purchased in one order, you will end up having to ship them separately and will lose profit on the order.
If you still have questions on using Shipping Settings, feel free to contact our support team!