Fan Comments on Content
Fans Can Now Leave Comments on Songs & Videos
Comment on individual songs and videos posted to your favorite Artist's site!
The Comments monitoring section allows Artists to monitor, hide, enable, and disable any comments left under songs and videos posted on their Fan Site.
To see the Comments monitoring form, click Fans in the top menu of your Artist Account. Then tap Comments in the menu on the left.
Select the song from the list on the left and the corresponding comments for that song will display on the right.
Sort By lets Artists sort the comments of their song to find a certain comment. They can be sorted by:
- Date (when comment was left)
- Number of comments/replies (new/total)
Search field searches through the asset’s title to find a certain comment.
Set of filters:
- Show all - displays all available assets
- Songs - displays songs only
- Videos - displays videos only
Depicted below with an arrow, this gear icon will show and allow enabling/disabling of comments for the whole song or video. The header options above will allow sorting of the search results.
The right side of the image below presents the detailed list of all comments on a particular song or video.
# of Comments
This shows the total number of comments.
Comment and reply as:
The Artist can select the account they want the reply to come from. By default, it shows an Artist Account name. But an Artist can select a Master Account as a responder on Fans' comments as well. The Master Account public name and profile image will be displayed there. Learn more about your Master Account Profile HERE.
- Top comments. Default value
An Artist can leave a comment directly from the Comments menu should they want to add a comment on their song. Adding a comment is a great way for Artists to give Fans more info about a particular lyric in a song, about the music they're listening to, or a particular take on the track, etc...
Fan’s profile picture: User’s image who left the comment.
Fan’s nickname: User’s nickname who left the comment.
Hide/Unhide. This button allows the Artist to hide and unhide a comment from all users but the Artist or associated accounts.
3 Dots Icon. The content is available to the user who owns this comment:
The following options are available if a user is the owner of this comment:
- Edit: opens the input field to edit the comment with the "Cancel" and "Save" button
- Delete: opens the confirmation pop-up with "Yes" and "No" buttons
- Like/Dislike: Allows one to like or dislike the current comment. A Fan can like or unlike a comment by clicking the “Thumb Up” or “Thumbs Down” icon respectively, causing it to turn white. The number next to the “Thumb up/down” icon will change respectively.
- Reply: This button opens the input field to type the reply to the comment. Replies are counted in the total number of comments.
- Show Replies: Accordion to show/hide replies to the comment. By default, it is closed.
A user is NOT the owner of this comment:
- Report button opens the pop-up to select the reason for reporting a comment.