Move Your Dot Com Domain Name to RR: Squarespace
How To Transfer Your Domain Name
To start the process of having your domain name like Band.com redirected to your Rhythmic Rebellion website, go into your Artist Account, click the Artist Site Builder at the top, then the Advanced tab and follow the instructions.
Note: Rhythmic Rebellion is not a dot com registrar like Squarespace. We do not issue dot com names.
If you want to have your own dot com name redirected to the website you made in Rhythmic Rebellion, you'll need to change the registrar default nameservers to Rhythmic Rebellion nameservers.
In other words, you have to change the settings for your current artist / band dot com so that it takes your fans to your new website built on Rhythmic Rebellion. There are many places where you can create your own dot com - GoDaddy is just one of them. A registrar like GoDaddy allows you to change the settings so that when someone types in or clicks on a link to your dot com name, the user is taken to your website no matter what website builder or platform you used.
Note: Before you can do the following you need Rhythmic Rebellion to issue you nameservers, like: ns60.domaincontrol.com. Squarespace is just one example. There are other registrars you may have registered your brand domain with, like GoDaddy, Wix, etc
The following instructions can be found here: Instructions on SquareSpace
1. Sign in to your Squarespace account.
2. In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Domains.
3. Under Squarespace Domains, click the domain name. If you have multiple Squarespace domains, you'll manage their DNS settings separately.
4. Click Advanced Settings.
5. Click the Nameservers tab at the top.
6. Choose Use custom nameservers and enter the nameservers you got from the RR support team.
7. Click Save and allow some time for those changes to take place, this can take anywhere from minutes up to 24 hours.