There are no Artists without Fans!
No Communication = No Fans! Stay in touch with your fans via Rhythmic Rebellion; where we offer multiple tools for reaching your audience.
- Place a Mailing List Feature on your Artist site so you can start collecting fans' emails!
- Keep your fans updated on new releases, upcoming album drops, music videos, shows & more!
- Create your own templates for future email campaigns!
- Easily manage all of your contacts!
Depending on how fans joined your Contacts, they will be organized by 5 different Source labels:
- All fans who signed up for your Mailing List will be listed in this table under the label Mailing List.
- When a fan clicks the Follow button on your Artist site, they can choose to share their email with you. These types of contacts have a Shared label.
- Some fans may not share their email when follow you. Do not worry, they still go to your contacts but with the "Not provided" label instead of a fan's email. They have a Follow label.
- All fans who purchased from you will be listed under the label Purchase. Customers email addresses in the "Email" column are hidden if they bought products that do not need shipping.
- If you imported pre-existing subscribers, they will be displayed under the Imported label. Use the "Source" dropdown to filter the mailing list display.
Import Pre-Existing Subscribers To Your Contacts
- Click the Add New Contacts button.
- Select Upload File to import your own database of email addresses using a CSV-file or Excel file. Select the desired file in the dialog window and click Open. The pop-up window will appear to confirm that you have permission to send emails to your fans. Click the Confirm button to upload the file!Important: For emails to be recognized and imported correctly by our software, the emails' column name must be titled 'Email' and the user name column must be titled 'First Name'. Rhythmic Rebellion cares about the recipient's privacy and security. That's why you have to confirm that ALL contacts you're uploading gave you consent permission to send them promotional and informational emails. Rhythmic Rebellion reserves the right to cut off your email sending in order to prevent abuse.
- Click the Add New Contacts button to add one member at a time. Add the contacts' details including email, name, birth date and location. Check the permission box and the blue Add button to complete this contact card.
- Select the email addresses you want to export.
- Click the Export button.
- Click the Export All button to create an SCV-file that will be saved to your computer with all contacts included.
- Click the Export Selected button to create an SCV-file that will be saved to your computer with the selected email addresses.
How We Prevent Email Addresses From Becoming Stale
- You may have subscribers that you haven’t engaged with regularly. Whenever you import your own contacts, they will automatically be labeled with an "Unverified" status. In order to decrease bounces, spam or email abuse complaints, Rhythmic Rebellion requires a "Welcome Email" to these fans. This way, the recipients can confirm that they indeed grant permission to be used on this email list.
2. Select emails with the "Unverified" status and open the "Send Welcome Email" dropdown menu which displays 2 options:
- Send Welcome Email validates selected addresses against invalid ones and sends an email to fans to remind them that they are opted-in for this Artist's Mailing List.
- Show Welcome Email Template lets you preview what the email will look like. It contains a short text about the Artist and Rhythmic Rebellion as a platform that provides multiple tools for artists.
3. If an email address went through the system validation successfully, it gets a "Verified" status. Otherwise, it will be marked as "Invalid". Invalid email addresses result in unnecessary bounces.
Collect pre-written emails that can be used for fast email creation. This is reusable content that helps you save time and be consistent with your message.
How To Create A Template
- Click the Templates tab.
- Click the Create Template button.
- Fill out the "Subject" field. This will also will be the name of your template.
- Select a header image that will display at the beginning of the email. It can be your logo or something that your fans will easily recognize.
- Type your message to your fans in the "Content" section. Be concise and check the text for typos. Do not use spammy words, foul language or other content that can be defined as abuse and might affect email delivery.
- You can provide a Button link inside your message by placing the URL in the "Link" section. Be sure to name your button!
- Click the Preview button to see what your newly created template looks like. Once you're satisfied with your template, be sure to click the Save button! All created templates will be gathered inside the Templates tab and will be readily available in the list of templates when you are composing a new campaign. Note that it is forbidden to remove a template that is currently being used for an active campaign.
- Click the Create Campaign button. You will be provided with a form that consists of 3 parts: Template, Contacts, and Sending Options.
- Open the Template menu.
- Select a pre-existing template or create a new one.
- Open the Contacts menu.
- Select the recipients you want to email. Only verified email addresses are gathered here. Choose a date range to select fans by the date they joined or select fans by the birth date. Open Engagement dropdown to filter fan’s emails by the way they interact with you. Here you can select fans that used a Gift code for purchase or have not bought products from you yet.
This is helpful to filter our new fans you want to send a welcome email to!
- Open the Sending Options menu.
- Select Send Now to send your campaign immediately or schedule a set date to send the email out at a designated future date and time.
- Click the Preview button at the top of the form to see what your email content looks like. Use the preview to check for any errors and inspire new ideas or content you may want to add!
- Click the Save Draft button to save this campaign without sending it. To save a draft, you must select a pre-existing template or choose to create a new one.
- To send an email, click the Create Campaign button. You must confirm that the list of contacts has not been purchased and that your message complies with the most basic rules: It cannot contain offensive language or materials that are violent, pornographic or sexual.
Email analytics dashboard is a tool that helps artists to understand how effective their campaigns. Rhythmic Rebellion provides several Email Analytics Metrics:
- Delivered emails: Select this column to see the total number of delivered emails from the total number of messages sent.
- Open rate: Shows the total number of opened emails by every recipient from the number of delivered in figures and percentages.
- Bounce rate: This rate is significant because it shows how many emails were not delivered to recipients for different reasons. There are two possible types of bounces: "Soft" and "Hard". A hard bounce means that this email is permanently rejected because the email address or domain name is invalid. You need to remove these kind of email addresses to deal only with valid ones. A soft bounce means some temporary issues with an email box like full inbox, maintenance of the recipient’s server, and can be resolved.
- Unsubscribe rate: Select this column to see the total number of contacts who opted-out.
To stay in touch with your fans Rhythmic Rebellion set up your email address as the default mailbox for receiving reply emails. If you do not want to reveal your email address, you can create a special mailbox for your fan replies.
Nevertheless, you can select "NO" and all fans replies will be sent to the unmonitored mailbox created by the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Messages Can I Send?
Rhythmic Rebellion offers free email address validations (up to 5000 per month!) and free messages (up to 5000 per month!). You can manage them from the Storage tab of your Account Profile.
How Long Does It Take To Verify Subscribers' Emails?
Verifying large numbers of email addresses can't be done at lightning speed. All of this validation happens in real time, so allow appropriate time for your fans to validate their emails and grant their permission for you to use their email addresses.
How Do I Engage New Subscribers?
It's very easy to add the Mailing List Feature in your Artist Site Builder! You don't have to be familiar with coding or anything - just add this feature on your page and adjust its settings and appearance. We will validate your future subscribers' emails and send them your "Welcome Email" to help prevent a high email bounce rate.
Good To Know...
To comply with the law (CAN-SPAM Act) your subscribers have to know how to opt-out of receiving upcoming emails from you. That's why we have this Unsubscribe button at the bottom of the each email. When a fan cancels the subscription, their email will be marked with an Unsubscribed status and will be automatically excluded from your future emails.