Add Co-Writers To A Song Composition Title (SCT)
One of the ways we're different from all other platforms is that we want to know who all the copyright owners are on a song.
We ask that you add any co-writers to your song compositions and define the shares for each writer. Our system then creates an ID for them and they are sent 2 emails:
- The first email tells them that you added them as a co-writer and encourages them to sign up by clicking a button that takes them to Rhythmic Rebellion where they can complete their sign up.
- The second email is sent after you define the shares, and they are then notified about the share splits. This email also has a button that takes them inside their songwriter account where they will see the song you created, the share percentage you defined for them and they can then approve it.
What if they don't join?
No worries! You are allowed to use a song composition you co-write even with out the other co-writers approval. For now, you are required to make sure they are paid any money that are owed even if they do sign up. In the future, our software will pay songwriters directly for the sale of songs and other song related digital content. If they don't have an active account, they will receive a notice via email that the amount of money owed them has been noted in a transaction account that they can view by completing their sign up. They can then sign up, connect their payment account, and get paid on the next pay day!
How To Add A Co-Writer
1. Click the blue +Add New Song Composition Title button to set up a new song in your Songwriter Account to take you to the SCT form.
2. Fill in other required info. When you get down to "Are you the only songwriter?" select No.
3. Enter the account name or email of the songwriter (co-writer) you're trying to create the songwriting credit split with. If they aren't already in our system, enter their email.
4. Enter the Share Percentage split between you and the other co-writer(s). The total must add up to 100%.
5. Click the blue Send Acknowledgement to Co-writers button to send your co-writer notification that you're attempting to set up one of your co-written songs on our platform. We will send them an email acknowledging this, as well as invite them to join Rhythmic Rebellion. If they do, this song card will automatically show up in their account. If they choose not to join, you can still complete your SCT for this song!